Monday, October 15, 2012

"do you wanna go home? or do you wanna go to jail"

Yep, you got it! That was a quote by Denzel Washington when he played the role of Detective Alonzo Harris in my favorite movie, "Training Day"  


**a little history** He received his first of five Oscar nominations for "Cry Freedom in 1987 as real-life South African apartheid martyr, Steve Biko. He also won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for "Glory" in 1989.  In 2001, he received his second Oscar for "Training Day"  And in 2002, he even directed his first movie he directed his first film, "Antwone Fisher". Denzel Washington married actress Pauletta Pearson in 1983; they have four children together.








I have always been a big fan of him and his acting skills.  Some of my top favorites are... Training Day, DeJaVu, Remember the Titans, and most definitely the tear jerker, John Q.  Denzel Washington has been in a total of 42 movies so far in his career and I am hoping he stars in 42 more!  





What are some of your favorite Denzel Washington movies?  Who is your favorite actor/actress and why?

XOXO,
@xoeirika

2 comments:

  1. Mannnnnnnn my mom swears thats my daddy! lol, i love Deja'vu and John Q!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Denzel Washington!! Like you don't understand, he is by far one of the best african american actors that has ever lived!! One of my favorites is Remember the Titans. I love how he works so hard to bring both whites and blacks together. I also love a few others such as American Gangster and Man of fire. He is so good at playing diverse roles, I'm in love with this man! :)

    ReplyDelete