Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thrifting Virgin


     This past Sunday I went to a couple thrift stores for the first time ever. My fellow Team Shoeicide blogger Eirika inspired me to give it a shot. For years, I had been so closed minded about it, because I hate shopping at places that are messy, unorganized, & the thought of wearing someone else’s old clothes just didn’t sit well with me. But Eirika picked up some pretty cool pieces for under five dollars, so I pushed all those negative assumptions aside & went for it. The first thrift store that I went to was a Goodwill in Hallandale Beach & it was actually really nice. Everything was neat, organized, & the clothes were easy to look through.

I didn’t buy much but I found a colorful floral shirt with a tie around the collar for $4.50.



 I also bought a pair of stripe harem pants for $3.00.



     The second place I went to was called Florida Garden Thrift, & this place was ratchet! LOL! Their stuff was all over the place & in no particular order. The items were not in good condition, & over priced in my opinion.

I didn’t purchase anything from this one, but my mother found a black & white tuxedo style romper for $20.00.


      Now that I’ve broken my thrifting virginity I’m definitely going to do it more often. I feel silly for stereotyping thrift stores for so many years without actually ever going to one. Over all I enjoyed the experience & I’m glad I tried something new... Thanks Eirika!

- @FabAndFearless

1 comment:

  1. Yay i'm so glad you gave it a shot!!! I love the store in hallendale they keep it very neat in there! once you pull your look together you will see that for $4/5 bucks you looked awesome! You cant beat that... this made my heart smile!!! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete