Monday, October 8, 2012

Being 'IN' Love




On my way to work this morning as I was listening to local radio and there was a topic that was brought up about love. The question was "Can one person be IN LOVE with 2 people at the same time?"  Some of the responses they were getting on the radio shows were... "Yes that can happen, I'm in love with my current wife and my ex fiance" or "Yes, it can happen. I love my husband but I also love my boyfriend." (o__O) Other responses were "No, love is not a game.  You can only love 1 person"

My personal opinion? I don't believe one should be IN LOVE with more than 1 person.  I believe 1 person can love multiple people, but being IN LOVE? No.  People's feelings and emotions are so fragile that I do not believe it should be taken lightly.  Don't get me wrong, I would never judge anyone if they believe differently but when it comes to someone else's feelings being in your hands, you should take small baby steps and make sure what you're doing is what you really want to do.

Have you ever been in a love triangle?  Any advice for people who may be going through similar situations? What are some 'Dos' and 'Don'ts' in a relationship?

XOXO
@xoeirika

4 comments:

  1. I feel like you shouldn't be in love with more than one person. But of its possible, I guess. When you show emotion about something/someone one will always be greater than the other. For instance, you're still in love with your ex but you're engaged to someone else... I think you still have an existing emotion but if you were still "in love" you'd be with your ex. Being "in love" and "having love" for someone is two different things and most people don't recognize the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i definitely agree with you. thanks for your input!

      Delete
  2. I don't believe you can be in love with more than one person, but yes you can love more than one person at a time. It wouldnt be right if you were in love with more than one person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right! i appreciate your thoughts.

      Delete