Friday, October 5, 2012

On A Personal Note

I've never known, met, sat with, or spoke to a victim of breast cancer. But I can only imagine what it's like to lose a grandmother, a mother, an aunt, sister, or friend to it. Although I lost my mother to a short lived battle of AIDS It's something that will forever affect and be apart of me. I said that to say this, No disease is greater or worse than the other. Just because you may not know anyone personally doesn't mean it should be overlooked. Breast cancer is 1 of 2 most common cancers among women and the leading cause of cancer death of women (that includes all races). More than 200,000 women have been diagnosed and more than 40 thousand of those women have lost the battle (via www.cdc.gov). True enough we don't don't suffer with these women, nonetheless that shouldn't stop a simple gesture such as wearing pink, sending a donation, walking a marathon, or purchasing memorabilia to honor their struggle. This year I have the privilege of joining the fight and being apart of something that's very special. The wonderful ladies of Team Shoeicide (along with myself) will be Participating in the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure. This event is held Locally (Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale) But you can still do your part and participate in your town events. This Disease Is worldwide, so the help and dedication should be equally enormous!



Educate your self! Find out what's taking place near you and become active. It's a great feeling just to know that you contributed, whether time or money. It makes you a better person! -Meangirl_ro

2 comments:

  1. I worked at a place for almost 2 years where we had a lot of ladies come in to buy a wig because they were about to lose their hair due to all kinds of cancer but mainly breast cancer. It was nice to help the ladies but sad to hear their storied. So many lovely ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was very deep!!! Love this and I'm so grateful for your help in this cause. And to open up to our viewers about your mothers battle with Aids take so much strength. (Cyber hug) I over love this post! Great read!

    ReplyDelete