Monday, October 8, 2012

Awards And Such

The 2012 BET Hip Hop Awards airs Tomorrow October 9. I' will be tuning in for the sake of being a die hard hip hop head! I must however express my disappointment for the show as a whole over the years. I know that BET has been trying all kinds of new and innovative things to keep their audience and ratings up to par, but the past few award shows, to say the least not at all wowed me. Even the promotional advertisements are watered down. I used to have so much built up anticipation to see my favorite artists perform and walk down the red carpet! Given that hip hop is finally at a great place with an unbelievable spectrum of talent, the creativeness as far as the line up, direction, and themes of these shows is definitely being Restricted.


Put it this way, not even the surprises surprise me (if that makes sense)! Don't get me wrong, I still anticipate great appearances/performances and there are still some moments in each show where my reaction is like "oh wow! That was pretty cool" but it's been a while where I had that reaction where I'm up in front of the television like "Wait! Did that just happen, WTF?!" I love that BET is one of the few networks that still recognize, honor and continue to give a major part of "our" culture a great deal of it's shine, but i'm ready to be taken aback like the show in 2005 where will and Jada hosted (although that was the BET Awards that show was packed with great moments)! I know the budget may not be a grand one but I'd like to see them make "a lot" happen from a "lil bit". On a brighter note, speaking of how well our hip hop community is doing I am looking forward to seeing what two of the hottest groups out right now are gonna bring to the stage (MMG and G.O.O.D Music) Tune in tomorrow night at 8 On BET! -Meangirl_ro

No comments:

Post a Comment