Wednesday, October 17, 2012

thrifting

How do you feel about second hand clothes or shopping at thrift stores?


at first, I was skeptical about it because you are wearing/buying clothes from someone you don't even know or what conditions the material was in before it hit the shelf. Now, I go thrifting at least twice a month. I am careful of what I buy and I definitely examine everything before I make the purchase but at the Salvation Army store here in town, on Wednesdays they do a half off special on your entire purchase.  

Below are some pictures of items I have purchased at a thrift store.  



                          
*I purchased a pair of high-waisted jeans and made them into a pair of shorts
















*I purchased this cute shoulder purse for $2.99



*I bought the denim top I have on and the color is leopard print!  The price was $1.99
* I bought the floral print top I have on for $3.99


Do you go thrifting? What are some pros/cons? What is the best item you have purchased?

XOXO,
@xoeirika


3 comments:

  1. I've never been thrifting before because I figured it would be like shopping at Ross or Marshall's, where things are all over the place. But I must say you have some pretty cool pieces, so you've convinced me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVE THRIFTING! thats were all the really cool bags are, I've found great brands there too got a real leather bag for only $4! and they have great books (totally off topic but shit i like to read) lol and you can SEE the condition of the items before you purchase so for $4 bucks i'll take that entire outfit! lol and its even better whn you find brand new stuff! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POST! Marquise you should definitely try it! (Thrift in areas where peoplein the area have a lil money ie hallendale beach, or at the ones in good areas)

      Delete
    2. Cool... Where's your favorite spot to go?

      Delete