Thursday, November 22, 2012

What Grinds My Gears is.....

Seeing pregnant women doing things they're not suppose suppose to be doing like smoking. Yesterday at work my supervisor was just arriving back from lunch. She surveyed the room and had this look on her face that read like she was missing or forgetting something. She said she was coming right back, and exited the room. About minutes later she returns. Being that i'm a very observant individual, I noticed she had a lighter in her hand. Her and I have a fairly exceptional relationship, she's not my friend but she does confide in me a great deal regarding her personal life. I'm an assistant so i'm the closest thing to her most of the day, almost like a shadow. I inquired about the lighter because I just had to be sure that my eyes weren't deceiving me.

I asked "why do you have lighter in your hand?" She replied simply by shaking her head with a smirk on her face.The "i'm Guilty and wrong, I know. But I don't care either" face I read all to well. Then she continues to say: " My doctor said that if I try to quit smoking "cold turkey" I can have a miscarriage". Me being skeptical and curious, I google that statement in the form of a question and lo and behold it'a a lie. well not exactly a lie but it wasn't entirely true. I have yet to experience motherhood, nor am I a medical genius. But it definitely doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that smoking isn't good for you, it's also unhealthy for a pregnancy. I just shook my head in reply.


While researching google (I google E V E R Y T H I N G), I learned that not only is quitting cold turkey safe, but its the best way to ensure a healthy pregnancy. And also lowers risk of miscarriages, pre mature births and otherpossible birth defects. Simply put I just think it's a bad idea that she's going to continue to smoke while carrying a child. It's not fair to the baby. Am I wrong? Where do u guys stand In this issue? -@meangirl_ro

No comments:

Post a Comment