Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weave Away

Hair. Just as important as shoes, makeup, or appearance. When your hair isn't done or it's just something about it you don't like, it's hard to ignore and it really takes away from who you are. But when that hair is new, and done right you feel like a whole new person, and it really does wonders to your self esteem. Being that I'm a woman of color, in the African American community we get a lot of the "black women don't play about their hair" slander. I won't waste my time denying how precisely true the stereo type is. However I will take a stance in saying that I feel being a woman first should qualify you to fall victim to that judgement. You can be Nigerian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Guatemalan, purple, taupe, or green. Taking pride in the way you look and present yourself should also mean that your hair is to be considered in that presentation.




I get that wanting to make sure your hair looks great at all costs makes you seem super superficial, but to each his own. I'm not recommending that you spend an outrages amount of money on hair weave. I'll even go as far to say that remy an virgin hair isn't all it's cracked up to be. How it's done and the fact that it's exceptionally good quality human hair are the only two important major factors one needs to consider when purchasing hair. I'm no hair guru but I've been wearing weaves for a really long time. I had great ones and not so great ones (and by not so great I mean to the point where I'd cry, real tears). I get tons of compliments on my hair and because of that I bring my hair stylist good clientele and I become a walking billboard. Everybody wins!



In today's time hair extensions are so easily accessible with all of these entrepreneurial businesses that offer bundle specials of different textures, types, qualities of hair.Which makes it that much easier for us all to experiment and have great hair! Some Guys are passionate about cars, women, and the gym. Where as we women are passionate about a million other things. Hair happens to be one of my passions. And even if you've never been a major fan of hair extensions you can take the alternative route and get a natural look just by adding pieces to your very own hair. Furthermore not everyone can wear their natural hair confidently ( I'll be the first to admit to that). I can appreciate and have also grown to love the convenience of hair extensions. Not getting up and hour early just to do my hair is another kind of heaven!



And again I cant stress enough how much of a personal preference it is. Some can't handle tight braiding, others hate the bonding which is understandable, so it's safe to say that it definitely isn't for everybody. But you also get to save time and money.When my hair is sewn in, depending on the style and what I'm paying to have it done, My hair last from 1-3 months. You do the math on that one. When in doubt, weave it out! -@meagirl_ro













No comments:

Post a Comment