Thursday, October 3, 2013

Furthest Thing From Perfect

Yesterday, Keyshia Cole hit "106 & Park" to premiere the video for her latest single, "I Choose You", one of my absolute faves from the Woman to Woman album. With the recent reports of her husband Daniel "Boobie" Gibson allegedly cheating on her, this single couldn't be released at a more awkward time. When asked about the rumors, Keyshia's response was a little too 'righteous' for my liking. *sigh*

"Its all good, you know. Like I'm living my life and I'm tryna do the best that I can do and the best way that I can do it. So really its ok if they wanna keep talkin' they can keep talkin'. You know, because God is good to me and He's blessed me so much over all these years" 
She kept it very... ummm... Positive, I guess. We need some realness. She took the easy way out. I will keep my eyes and ears open to see how this all unfolds.
On the flipside, MTO is the said instigator of this messiness. They reported Daniel had gotten another chick pregnant and Daniel (like everyone else) took to Twitter to speak his piece...

"As for MTO. All u do tell lies for an audience & since the world is so captivated by Negativity. u thrive. But i WOULD NEVER CHEAT on my Wife. We not getting along right now true. But dont spread that type of Negativity. The World don't need that Shyt!"

Apparently, social media is the place for venting, no one is exempt. Boobie tweeted again:

"It's just amazing these days the affect the media & news have on Society. It allows them to brainwash u. Be careful what u feed ur mind. You never know who's behind it. PAC said it best. The media is FULL of Dirty Tricks"
Personally, I don't know what to believe because Keyshia posted a photo on her Instagram about two weeks ago saying she and her husband were buying their first home together.
Photo Cred: Keyshia Cole's Instagram

Photo Cred: Keyshia Cole's Instagram
Whatever it may be I wish them the best. No relationship is perfect and no one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life. Meanwhile, all this promo is good for Keyshia. Her Keyshia Cole by Steve Madden shoe collection is doing well. She has just completed her first overseas tour and she has announced that she is back working under her former manager and long time friend, Manny. (That's good to hear!) During her interview on "106" she also shared that she and Neffie (her sad, ghetto, crybaby ass sister) have reconciled. Just keep her OFF the TV because I cannot deal with another second of her.

I'm anxious to hear the new music she and Future are working on though. Loves me some Future and y'all know Keyshia is my girl.

Watch Keyshia's new video and "106 & Park interview here:


-@1Red

No comments:

Post a Comment