Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dream Chasin'

This past Sunday, Philly rapper Meek Mill released his highly anticipated #DC3 (Dreamchasers 3) mixtape. The Dreamchaser mixtape series is what helped bring Meek to his current fame. He did a nation-wide tour before he even released his first album. Give credit when due...

This summer we have gotten some pretty tough releases. Meek's release was actually a good way to end the summer of music. The tape has features from the biggest boss -- Rick Ross, of course, Nicki Minaj, French Montana and Fabolous to name a few. There are two features I was not familiar with but will keep an ear open for like Travis Scott and Rich Porter. Lil Snupe was also given a track, which I felt was absolutely necessary. As with the preceding two tapes, #DC3 is hosted by the legendary DJ Drama... he's a lot more laid back this go-round than I have EVER seen/heard him.





One thing about releasing trilogies and such in music (and film), you are expected to top your last project every time. In my opinion #DC2 was not as good as #DC however, I have come to appreciate them all. Many believed that Meek would come back in "beastmode" after the sudden death of his young, talented protege, Lil Snupe.

Some of my fave tracks are: "Heaven or Hell", "Made Me" "I B On Dat" "F*ckin Wit Me" and "My Life". Its a good listen. I over love Meek but I am quite critical when it comes to music and this tape held my attention all the way through.

Click here to listen / download your copy at Datpiff

--1Red

No comments:

Post a Comment