Monday, December 10, 2012

AK, New Day

Just this morning I finally got the chance to purchase via iTunes Ms. Alicia keys latest Girl On Fire project. As expected the highly anticipated album is an altogether special, precise, well put together piece of work. It's one of those albums where you have to listen to it twice. One time for the feel of it and then again for an in depth interpretation. Which is exactly what I did! And boy, I must say that with that second listen she says some things! Even the delivery of the lyrics seem deeply nurtured with soul and undoubted truth. Her truth. And you dare not tell Ms. Keys that she isn't in love.



With songs like "101", "Fire We Make" (which has an amazingly strong guitar solo at the ending), and "Not Even The King" she croons about being in love, undeniable chemistry between a man and a woman, and the pure raw power of a genuine love. With an impressive 7 albums under her belt, while in my opinion it's not her best work, but it's a great work. One of my favorite songs from the album is the actual intro. Although it has no lyrics and is only 1 minute and 19 seconds long is "De Novo Adajio" which in Italian translates to "a slow start" not only was it a strategic opening to prepare the listener for the ballads to come, but it's the very core of who she is musically. Just instrumental bliss. I absolutely adore the classically composed piece!



She even gives us a little island flavor with the track entitled "Limitedless" which I'm still not sure about, but I do appreciate the lyrics. Lastly, what won me over, that little extra something that made me smile so wide was having baby Egypt make a guest appearance at the end of "When It's All Over"! Their interaction was a very special moment that kinda brought everything together for me. It summed up all the growth, the change, the happiness, and love that is now apart of her. Two thumbs up Alicia, I am forever a fan! -@Meangirl_ro



No comments:

Post a Comment