Thursday, November 21, 2013

Yo Gotti Is

After years and years of grinding, failed attempts at breaking into mainstream (which has never really been his main focus), and pushing his own music, Yo Gotti is finally able to move how he wants and stomp with the best of them. With an impeccable and already extensive discography, we can now add this 6th studio effort I am to a list of classics. Aside from the release of this album (which is projected to sell anywhere between 40-45k units), the Memphis household name has also announced his partnership signing deal with Epic Records and long time business partner L.A. Reid.



No one can tell me, or debate me even that his work ethic and consistency is anything less than persistent. There is no denying that. If you follow his career, you'd know that he brought himself out of not one, but two record deals ( TVT and RCA), started his own label, and has been moving units and doing numbers independently. He personifies the word Hustler! Period. Now that he has his deal with Epic (distributing through CMG), he is able to continue doing what he's been doing  only on a larger scale. Currently, Yo Gotti has four singles making their way up the charts Act right (makes me feel like I should be in a booty club),  King Sh*t  Feat. T.I., Lebron James (one of my faves), and Cold Blood Feat. J. Cole.

Yo Gotti I Am Tour

This week Gotti is making his rounds in between touring (which he is headlining) promoting the new project and of course he stopped by my favorite morning show The Breakfast Club. He dished on everything from his new deal, to rumors with him signing with T.I. (not true), beef with Gucci Mane and Juicy J, learning from his mistakes of signing two bad deals, and more! The album I AM can be purchased in stores and of course via iTunes (total of 13 tracks, and over 7 features).

You can watch His Breakfast Club Interview Here
-@Meangirl_ro

No comments:

Post a Comment