Thursday, November 14, 2013

GO NICOLE!



Necole Bitchie Black Weblog Awards

Outside of My own work, my go to site for solid, credible, and interesting entertainment news is Necole Btichie. My first stop for "tea". She was recently the recipient  of "Blogger Of the Year" by Black Weblog Awards. I didn't even have to watch the speech because reading the words in her post gave me all that I needed. She spoke my life. The fact that she questioned and doubted her journey reassured me that what I'm doing is exactly right! Patience and persistence are key. So many times we question why we're here, I believe that Necole is proof that whatever is suppose to happen will!

I want to take a moment to personally congratulate her and thank her for her light and inspiration. She is a role model. She is a dream, a voice, and a positive example. When I found out that she was 33 I was beyond shocked! She began her career and started her site at the same place and age I'm at in this very moment. Her story and her passion is admired by not only me, but aspiring bloggers everywhere!

She has also been nominated for a Soul Train Music Award for Best Entertainment Site for the second year in a row (I believe). Like Necole, I desire to build a brand and create my own opportunity, where it serves as an inspiration to young girls as well as women my age. I think back to 2009 when I first began blogging. I was telling all of my personal life stories and struggles. My blogs were overly personal (the only way I really know how to be) and the only people that read them were my family members. My aunt read one post and decided that I needed to write a book. At the time I waved it off like "sure, whatever", but today it's a goal I'm working toward because something inside me won't let that go. It's almost inevitable.

I used to be concerned about my audience, and page views but my passion for my purpose no longer allows space for that to be a concern. I'm doing what I love and am determined to make something of it. Necole has a great influence on that. Thank you! 

Watch Necole speak Here

Bloggers Note: so many times we ridicule and tear down other bloggers by being messy and throwing shade, just generally negative. That's not what I'm about. Neither Am I brown nosing or coat-tailing. I simply relate to this story, and I recognize real when I see it. Hats off to NecoleBitchie.com

@MeanGirlRo


No comments:

Post a Comment