Friday, November 8, 2013

Oh Boi!

First of all, It was definitely news to me to find  out that 1/2 of the internationally known super rap group Outkast' Big Boi (Aka Atwan Patton) is going through a divorce with his wife of 11 years, Sherlita Patton. Sherlita filed for the divorce on October 3rd a little over a month ago under the basis that their relationship/marriage was "irretrievably broken".

There was a deposition held on yesterday regarding the ongoing dispute. Before granting the two a legal separation, Sherlita made a very shocking and seemingly unreal allegation that her husband and partner of 11 long years was, dare I say it, "Gay". Even more so going as far as accusing him of having a down low relationship with his rap group mate Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin)! During the deposition (held yesterday at an Atlanta courthouse) Sources are saying that Sherlita has been saying things like "the whole world wondering where Andre 3k been... just check Big Boi's phone. He's right there, naked." And "You might see an Outkast p0rn0 before you'll see another album".



Initially and even currently I refuse to believe such a rumor, at least I'm hoping for it to be a sick,  "desperate cry for attention" kind of rumor. Secondly this certainly raises many questions and eyebrows like: why the two are in such a weird space musically? Are they going to reunite and make more music? If the two are still even friends? How long has this (if anything) been going on? So on and so forth. 

As a woman, I blame her, the wife. Call me crazy but it is my opinion. If at any point his sexuality and faithfulness was being questioned (which I'm sure came to surface waaaaaay before 11 yrs of a union) why not take action at the first signs of infidelity or uncertainty?

The other day we sipped some tea on Porsha and Kordell Stewart, who, oddly enough are going through an identical situation and are located in the same area (Atlanta is known to be the city of the down low brothers) as well as both women making that exact allegation toward their significant other. I can't tell if it's a coincidence or a conspiracy! Either way, I don't understand why these women are trying to take the victim route, that's not fair. If for whatever reason your situation isn't working then you just leave. Make it as simple as that, or no?

 I'm really wondering how the two men (Antwan and Kordell) are planning to come out of this. I'm also wondering how, or even if Andre is going to respond/comment on this ridiculousness! I'll keep my eyes and ears open, but in the mean time these people definitely need prayer.

@Meangirl_ro

No comments:

Post a Comment