Monday, September 2, 2013

Whaddup.. "5"

So Weezy finally dropped the highly anticipated D5 mixtape at the top of September. The mixtape has been dragged through the mud by so-called fans. I see it as everyone being extra critical! We can all agree that Wayne is NOT the same Wayne we all gravitated to back in the early 2000's.  Just think back... Wayne and Drama began "The Dedication" back in 2005. That is commendable. Is it not?




Real fans have seen Wayne transition from cornrows and baggy "Girbauds and Ree's" to dreads and skinny jeans kick-push'n on a skateboard. Unfortunately, with that physical change also shaped a change in his music. When he took the rock star approach I was completely against it. Idc! Idc! Idc! I just could NOT -- I'm sorry I'm not here for that! For me, when he drops anything I have to give it a fair listen, simply because I have been a fan since day 1. But that rockstar stuff? Just no! I guess when you have been in the music industry for so long you begin to travel avenues that aren't pleasing to all fans, especially not fans that have been rocking with you from the beginning.

Needless to say, D5 is nothing even worth comparing to his No Ceilings mixtape. Even that mixtape was one that caught us off guard. Many of us had counted him out back then but he went so hard and made it impossible to deny that Wayne CAN still make good music. There are a few tracks I like on D5 and some I don't care to ever hear again in life *giggles* but I'm just being honest. I say that to say this...

When he puts music out he is not doing it to please any ONE person. His fan base has expanded far beyond those that were rapping along to "Bling Bling". You aren't going to like everything he puts out. Please understand that he has not created his own anticipation, his fans have! I honestly don't think that he is failing us, it is merely our high expectations. Simple. If you don't expect much from him you will not be disappointed. Makes sense?

Dwayne Michael Carter has already made history. He really has nothing more to prove. He has been in the media since he was 15. This past year has def been one of his worse years. I was angry about his Miami Heat antics (and I am not even a fan of The Heat but I am a Miami native) but I was still extremely saddened when I heard of his near death experiences. If anything people should be acknowledging this man's accomplishments. Not bashing him when he puts out subpar music. He is a living legend, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. 10 studio albums, too many mixtapes to even name and 4 Grammys and he will be 31 years old in twenty-five days. Respect is due. (Oh and like 6 kids! Sheeeesh)

I purposely scrolled my Twitter timeline to see what the feedback was like. My followers are FOLLOWERS! They just go with what the masses are saying. SMH! The beats he chose were all the RIGHT beats! The hottest beats. And we all know when the old Wayne hopped on your beat it was over for your version being played in the club. Oh, how I miss that Weezy! But whatev. D5 aint greatness but it does show how much he has reinvented himself to remain relevant. You mad?

Do like I do -- just grab that throwback Weezy and vibe out. It NEVER gets old... Run that sh*t back Drama... GANGSTA GRILLZ YOU BASTARDS!!!

This joke will only be funny to those that have been following the "movement"
--@1RedDiamond

No comments:

Post a Comment