Friday, August 30, 2013

Remembering Aaliyah



This past Sunday marked the 12th anniversary of songstress Aaliyah’s death. It seems like just yesterday I heard she had died in a plane crash & I was convinced it was a rumor. Then it was confirmed on the news & my heart dropped. I said to myself “this can’t be real”. I think everyone felt like they knew Aaliyah personally & at that very moment I felt like I lost a family member.
Such a beautiful spirit gone so young & so tragically, but her music lives on. We continue to hear her timeless voice on the radio, as her songs never seem to get old. Artists like Drake & Chris Brown channel her spirit through their music, they both have current songs featuring the late artist. It doesn’t matter how many years go by we will never forget the face, we will never forget the talent & we will never forget the voice of Aaliyah Dana Haughton. Continue to rest in peace Baby Girl.
- @FabAndFearless

No comments:

Post a Comment