Monday, June 3, 2013

Bad. No Literally

So I just downloaded and listened to the remix to one of the hottest songs of the year, Wales Bad which features none other than the original bad gyal her self, Rihanna. My honest opinion? That song belongs to Tiara Thomas. It was definitely love at first slay when I heard her soulful, sultry, "around the way girl" vocals lace the track! Not giving extraness but just enough to make the song the success it's become. 



This remix gave me that "we were just in the studio playin' around" kinda vibe. Doesn't at all feel authentic to me. I did however appreciate the mix up with the hint of Rihanna's smash hit "Loveeeee Song" I thought that was cute and creative. The bottom line though, is that the remix takes away from originality and beauty of the song. I mean it's kinda like chipped nail polish... ALL WRONG! I don't hate the remix, I just don't love it. *runs for cover from the navy*


Wale plans to feature the remix on his third solo project "The Gifted" which is set to be released July 25th. Sidebar: y'all know I lives for me some Ri, but she could've done without on this one!

-@Meangirl_ro

No comments:

Post a Comment